On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:54:37 -0200, Cristiano Cortezia
<cris_locor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a problem in the mentioned step (6.52.3 - Shadow configuration).
> If I run the command 'passwd root', I get the following output, before
> being able to provide any input:
>
> root:/# passwd root
> Changing password for root
> Enter the new password (minimum of 5 characters)
> Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
> Bad password: too short.
> Warning: weak password (enter it again to use it anyway).
> passwd: password changed.
>
> Can anyone point what type of problem do I have here ?

Hi Cristiano,

I've seen this problem before, particularly after using jhalfs.  It's caused by
not
having all of the LFS filesystems mounted (in particular /dev).

If you remount all of the filesystems under /mnt/lfs (see sections 6.2.2 and
6.2.3)
then you should be able to set the password successfully.

Regards,

Matt.