On 12/26/09, Jan Seynaeve wrote:

> I'm following the instructions from the development blfs for
> installing xorg and I'm a bit confused about the fonts.

Fonts always confused me until I discovered what works for me.

I use ttf-bitstream-vera fonts from:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10.tar.bz2

And copy them to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

As per  the X Window System Components section,
This link allows Fontconfig to use the TrueType fonts provided by X
(which are scalable and of higher quality):

ln -v -sn /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF /usr/share/fonts/X11-TTF

And all the fonts look great to me without doing anything else.
I don't understand why it is "X11-TTF", but it works for me.