I'm trying out get_iplayer (a command line self-updating perl
script to get music and video programs from the BBC, at least
for those of us in the UK ).  The apps to play audio (possibly
mp3) or video (definitely flv) need to get their feed from stdin.

At the moment I'm using 'ffplay' from ffmpeg, which works,
but it is a very minimalist player (e.g. no way to pause it, no
display of how far I've gone).  Tried 'xine -', but that failed to
find anything.

My "preferred" player for flv files at the moment is totem, but
I can't find any way to tell it to play from stdin (FWIW, gnome
help is mostly broken in my recent builds, so please don't tell
me to RTFM :-( )

Any suggestions for something that's easy to build (no 'cmake',
please),  and can play .flv video files from stdin ?

Thanks

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"