On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:06 PM, lI <lux-in...@btconnect.com> wrote:

> Running cmake  identifies all external 'packages',   generates makefiles  and
> the subsuquent 'make'  goes to completion.  However cmake   also gave the
> following  'missed/not-found' programs  that I want  compiled in:-
>
> --------------------- cmake output
>  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss
>  -- Looking for XScreenSaverQueryInfo in Xss - not found
>
>  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc
>  -- Looking for XF86MiscSetGrabKeysState in Xxf86misc  -not found
>
> --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE
> --  looking for IceConectionNumberIn ICE -not found
>
> ------------------------------
> clearly some X-libraries are NOT  being found.
I've had problems like this too, in which some packages blindly assume
X is in /usr or /usr/X11R6. To people who put X.org in a separate
prefix, like /opt/X11 for me, this can cause some major problems. If I
rember right, there was another thread also releating to this issue,
but I can't find it. The only way I know to work around this is by
running:

for f in $(ls $XORG_PREFIX/lib/*.so); do
      ln -sfv $f /usr/lib
done

This should fix your problem by linking every .so file in $XORG_PREFIX
to /usr/lib. I hope I was of help to you.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.