On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:10 AM,  <rhubarb...@poetworld.net> wrote:

> I'm receiving the following make errors while attempting to compile
> MPlayer-1.0rc1:
>
> make [1] *** [vo_ivtv.o] Error 1
> make [1] *** [libvo/libvo.a] Error 2
>
> I tried --disable-ivtv without success.  I'm attempting MPlayer using
> BLFS development instructions on a LFS 6.6 base.  I have successfully
> compiled MPlayer with BLFS 6.3 so this is unexpected.  ?
What was the messages before the errors? Anyway, MPlayer 1.0rc1 is an
old version, so what I recommend is that you'd use the latest SVN
version (you may want to use version 0.6 of FFMpeg as well). To get
the subversion version, either get the latest snapshot from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/mplayer-checkout-snapshot.tar.bz2,
or get it from their subversion repo (using svn checkout
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer ). You don't need any of
the patches, but you should follow the book for instructions on how to
build it. Also, look at the output of ./configure --help for extra
options.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.