Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:05:44 -0600
From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: no libjpeg.so.62
To: BLFS Support List <blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>

>Dale Stein wrote:
>> To All.
>> Just finished building for the most part kde-4.6.0 and was trying to
>> install blender beta binary.  It complained that it could not find
>> libjpeg.so.62 so upon some googling found
>> that it does not install without a doing make install lib   after make
install .

>Umm, no.  ibjpeg.so.62 is the old jpeg-6b library.  The current library
>is libjpeg.so.8.0.2.  If you really need the old version, you can either
>download and build jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz or try a sym link to
libjpeg.so.8.0.2.
  -- Bruce

Sorry, I was called to "work" after my last post and actually thought there
would be no comments concering this issue.   But a few  nights ago I
did download the old version and installed it in /opt/jpg7 then added it to
ld.config.so so the binary install would see it.  It did and the install
went
gread, only it complained about alsa.  Well I am still working on that.
Also,
the binary is using a internal version of Python3 which I do not have
installed.
The binary install was just to see the program, and it is very nice, but am
not
going to be using it for anything.
Thanks,
--