On 03/07/2011 04:44 PM, rhubarbpie...@gmail.com wrote:

> The svn version of BLFS documentation lists Xorg Utilities as a required
> dependency of Xorg Protocol Headers (proto.html).  Should that be?
>
> I thought dependencies indicate packages necessary to compile and the
> Xorg packages are to be compiled in order.  However, Xorg Utilities is
> listed after Protocol Headers and I can successfully compile X in that
> order.

This is a mistake in the book that I overlooked. It was actually brought
to my attention, however, I misunderstood the conversation thinking it
was to do with splitting the utils packages. The util-macros package is
looked for by everything, but does not cause a build error (or any
negative side affect beyond a warning message and the README being
excluded from the build tree). Fortunately, I do already have it covered
(inadvertently) in one of my local copies with the split of macros and
makedepend, but I haven't committed just yet. Hopefully tonight. If not,
I can jump in and at least fix the misplaced dependency. Thanks for the
report.

-- DJ Lucas