I was looking at a lfs-support thread called "kernel help please, ACPI
Error" (starting at
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2011-April/040714.html),
and that got me wondering: I install iptables on my system as a
firewall, and it outputs messages about every denied network packet
(or other netfilter-releated messages). While it's nice to know when
looking in the logs, it also gets reported on to the console as well,
they also get reported on the console and clutter it up with the
default log level. So I have a question: What is the minimum log level
needed for suppressing these messages from appearing on the console?

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.