On 05/23/2011 10:36 AM, William Immendorf wrote:
> (Janu, you should either configure the list to not receive messages in
> digest, or just change the subject heading when you reply.)
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:43 AM, janu mam<janakiramulu.mt...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> janu[~Downloads/xc/lib]echo $XORG_CONFIG
>>
>> result :nothing
> You did not follow the directions, as you can see by reading the
> renamed subject header. Go back to "Introduction to Xorg 7.6", and
> follow the instructions EXACTLY. AND I REALLY MEAN EXACTLY.
>
> Also refer to my previous messages about this problem.

William, as per my private email the other day, if a user is unable to
follow simple instructions, take for example posting to the correct list
after a couple of reminders, that user is unlikely to be capable of
completing his goals with regard to LFS. Yes, there must be some
consideration for language barriers and such, so a couple of reminders
should be acceptable. However, a reasonably capable person would not
continue to ignore your suggestion to post to the list.

Continuing to provide support may actually be more damaging than simply
ignoring the request. The user has now invested more time into the
project, and the dissatisfaction will be that much more WRT the
impending failure. My suggestion is that you block all messages from
that user for a short time...until he/she is able to behave within the
established expectations of the community. It has been done many times
before, and it happens to work really well. Some of those types of users
will sit and observe for a time, and some later even become very
valuable members of our little community. ;-)

-- DJ Lucas