Hi,

Just a small note to say that I've managed to get KDE4 working on top of
LFS7.0 .
I mainly used the instructions from BLFS, installing the packages for KDE
4.6.0 as per the book's instructions.
I had some problems, the main one being that dbus is only shown as an optional
dependendy for QT4 and it really needs to be installed before you compile QT4
if you want to install KDE4 too. I ended up compiling QT4 twice.
>From memory, I also had to give up on gstreamer but so far the xine backend
has been able to play all my files, so I cannot really complain much.
I had other problems but unfortunately did not write them down as I went
along, or how I solved them, as I was did not foresee that I would actually
end up with a fully functioning desktop. (
Anyway, KDE 4.6.0 is not really the latest version of KDE so I plan to do it
again, in which case I'll share my experiences on the maillist.
I'm just not sure yet if I'll go for KDE 4.7.4 or for the very recent 4.8.0.

Regards,
Ed