On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 04:25:47AM +0800, 周平 wrote:
>  Hello Everyone!
>
> After I finished the LFS building,I hope to build  a mini&useful LAMP with
> SSH server.
> So this time I start to build the system after building the toolchain.
> And  I think these packages are in need:GRUB, Kernel, Glibc, Bash, IPRoute2,
> Apache2, PHP,  OpenSSH, OpenSSL,MySQL,CMake,cURL,libarchive,expat.
>
> But I'm not sure If I was right,could you give me some suggestion?
>
> Thank you!~

 If you omit packages from the full LFS build, there is no guarantee
that it will work without the packages in /tools - nobody has tried
this, at least in public, so we don't know (and we don't actually
care!)

 Also, there is no guarantee that it will be good enough to build
everything else (for example, perl is part of the main LFS system,
so in BLFS we *never* list it as a dependency because it is
guaranteed to be present).

 Thirdly, for 'mini' you need to decide how small you wish to go,
vs what functionality you are willing to lose - to me, 'mini'
implies busybox (perhaps even uclibc) and programs which accept
fewer options - e.g. dropbear instead of openssh [ I haven't used it
in years, but at one time uclibc did not support openssh ]  If that
is the way you wish to go, perhaps the CLFS-embedded book at
http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/ might be more to your taste.

 What we have in LFS is expected to work.  If you have the time, and
interest, to try omitting some of the packages then feel free to do
so (that is 'time' as in 'time to debug the problems and then go back
and reinstate the packages if they turn out to be needed').

 If you are more interested in getting a system that works and does
not have excessive bloat, follow the LFS book and then pick the
packages you want from BLFS and work back through their dependencies.
Whichever way you choose, enjoy it and remember it is a learning
experience :)

ĸen