Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I was going to reply earlier, then I remembered that I do have one
> windows machine (my netbook - it came with some form of windows7,
> but is totally unusable with it (insufficient memory), so I've not
> been able to update my satnav [ the download is win only ]).  It
> also made even long-gone redhat installers look state-of-the-art in
> comarison to the win installer :)

Going a bit off topic (e.g. DHCP), let me make a comment.  When I was
teaching, I sat through a course on Windows for comparison.  This was
around 2002.  One of our tasks was to install it on a bare drive.  When
people complain about installing Linux, it only means that they never
installed Windows, but bought it pre loaded.  It was a PITA.  When
complete, I looked at what came with it.  My mind boggled -- I asked "Is
that all there is?"  The answer was yes.  Anything useful is an add on
at extra cost.

It makes you wonder if the world wide water system has been contaminated.

   -- Bruce