On 10-04-2012 17:53, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> spiky wrote:

>>> Did you try putting only lxsession in your ~/.xinitrc ?
>>>
>>> Groet,
>>> Thomas
>>    I have got exec lxsession in ~/.xinitrc I have tried other variations
>> as well startlxde. which returns to prompt.
>> If i put something like LXsession it throughs an error, so the lxsession
>> is correct put it wont launch, it takes me to tty7 looks like it will
>> start then back to tty1.
> The lxsession file is probably a script.  Take a look at that and put in some
> echo commands to see where it is failing.
>
> Also look at the startx script.
>
>    -- Bruce

In my .xinitrc, I have (LFS6.8)

export GNOME_PREFIX=/opt/gnome-2.30.2
XDG_DATA_DIRS=$GNOME_PREFIX/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
export XDG_DATA_DIRS

env LANG=pt_BR.utf8 startlxde

Remember having problem without env. Also XDG_DATA_DIRS were relevant.

In my newer machines, only lxpanel and dependencies and openbox, I believe much
alike Andrew's machines.

--
[]s,
Fernando