On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 08:07:01PM +0000, John Burrell wrote:

> > I'm automating some of the BLFS build and after installing attr-2.4.46 and
> > linux-pam-1.1.5, the reinstallation of shadow-4.1.5 halted the script with
> > -
> >
> > libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/usr/lib/libattr.la' or
> > unhandled argument
> > `/usr/usr/lib/libattr.la'
> > make[2]: *** [useradd] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/core/shadow/shadow-4.1.5/src'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/core/shadow/shadow-4.1.5'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > libattr.la is in /usr/lib where it should be.
> >
> Ah, I changed
> INSTALL_USER=root  \
> INSTALL_GROUP=root \

> INSTALL_USER=attr  \
> INSTALL_GROUP=attr \
>
> because I'm installing as package user attr.
> Is that the problem?
>
> jb

 Wayne reported this (last week?), perhaps on blfs-dev, and I
thought dj altered the sed in attr to fix it.  But trac shows the
last change to attr was 4 weeks ago.  [/me searches my mailboxes and
the list archives...] - turns out the problem was in the sed for
*libacl*, but I can't find Wayne's report, nor dj's workaround.

 Supposedly, dj fixed this in r9898 for the 11th April version of
the book.

 ISTR that the workaround was to edit libattr.la.

ĸen