--- Em qui, 26/4/12, Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> escreveu:

> De: Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com>
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-support] evince and gsettings
> Para: "BLFS Support List" <blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Data: Quinta-feira, 26 de Abril de 2012, 14:04
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 09:39:09AM
> -0700, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> > LFS7.0 and 7.1 (both"svn")
> >
> > When running evince from console, the following message
> appears:
> >
> > "GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings
> backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with
> other applications."
> >
> > This has happened for months and different versions of
> software.
> >
> > Current versions:
> > gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.4.1
> > dconf-0.12.0
> > evince-3.4.0
> >
> > $ echo $GNOME_PREFIX
> > /opt/gnome
> >
> > $ ls -l /opt/gnome | awk -F" " '{ print $9 " " $10 " "
> $11 }'
> > /opt/gnome -> gnome-3.2.2
> >
> > It runs, ok, but always starts in a small window with
> the default options. It is annoying.

Thanks for the reply, Ken,

>  My notes from when I was building gnome-3.2 showed that a
> backend
> was found after I had installed dconf (specifically, I was
> trying to
> discover the runtime deps for caribou).  Normally I run
> evince from
> a menu item so I don't see error messages, and I'm used to
> its
> initial tiny view.  But you already have dconf.

Ok. Thus, you have the "initial tiny view", too. I believe I will live with it
(see below).

>  If you are already using gnome-session, or gdm, I've no
> idea.

No, I am not.
> If you are using a different wm from startx, try adding
> 'gnome-settings-daemon &' to your .xinitrc before you
> invoke the wm.
>
> ĸen

So, I tried installing gnome-settings-daemon. First, gnome-desktop-3.4.1, then
libgnomekbd-3.4.0.2. But I do not have pulse,but tried, anyway:

"configure: error: Package requirements (gio-unix-2.0 libpulse >= 0.9.16
gudev-1.0 libpulse-mainloop-glib >= 0.9.16 libcanberra) were not met:

No package 'libpulse' found
No package 'libpulse-mainloop-glib' found"

Too many things to install yet, including *wacom*. )-:

When I have more time, I will try, but this time, just for the sake of the book.

You and Armin, thanks again.

Just out of curiosity: if you both try evince from a terminal, what do you get?

[]s,
Fernando