On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 12:23:05AM +0200, Armin K. wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 11:51 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> >   Thanks - that machine already has all three of the current gnome
> > icon theme variants.  I'll take a look at oxygen.
> >

> Um, is that GTK+2 or GTK+3 version of Midori? Because I'm sure that you
> need to specify icon theme in gtkrc for GTK+2 or settings.ini for GTK+3
>
> $ cat /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
> gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "gnome"
>
> $ cat /etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
> [Settings]
> gtk-theme-name = Adwaita
> gtk-fallback-icon-theme = gnome
>
> Afaik, without this it will fall back to hicolor-icon-theme which does
> not have all those icons :)

 It is gtk+-2, using the book's instructions for 1.4.5 - my previous
build of 1.4.3 with gtk+-3 was unsatisfactory (I forget why), so I
decided to go back to gtk+-2.  And that's why I was changing theme
names in .gtkrc-2.0.

 I took a look at oxygen-icons-4.8.4 (so big a tarball!), but it
only contains one of the icons that were reported on stderr as
missing, so I don't think it will help.

ĸen