On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:55:17PM +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:13:54 +0100
> Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >  The second of my current niggles : parole is fine with my stored
> > multimedia files, but it doesn't let me play real DVDs or CDs - the
> > menu options only lead to an option to play from an iso file.
> >
> >  Any ideas what I'm missing, please ?
>
> Have you tried clicking Media> Open location and entering dvd:// into
> the box? http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/xfce/parole.html
>
> Andy

 Didn't notice that in the instructions (maybe I should wear glasses
at my machine), but I did find it on google, so I was going to say
'yes, but can't remember the error message' so I tried it again.
Brown paper bag moment.  My apologies for asking something that
you've already documented in the book.

 Do you know if it's necessary to insert the DVD before starting
parole (I had a problem like that with xfburn telling me the drive
was empty). ?  I think the error on my previous attempt was something
like 'no such device'.  Perhaps I mistyped.

 Playing nicely, but I'm still puzzled by those menu options.  No
matter.

 Thanks.

ĸen