>> Alex:
>> BTW, inserting the word "both" somewhere in the sentence
>> "The browser plugin and webstart implementation have been
>> split off into a separate project."
>> might help the neophyte (again, IMHO).

> DJ:
> Short of a grammatical error, I'm inclined to disagree. I haven't found
> anything on the OWL to give advice either way. That doesn't mean that
> there isn't a rule someplace, I just didn't look for very long.

This is _not_ to extend this painful subject.  Strictly to reveal what went on
in my muddled mind at the time (in my defense, think neophyte here):

The browser plugin and webstart implementations have both been split off
(and moved) into a separate project.

------

>> I see a relative size difference between the "BLFS option" (OpenJDK)
>> and Oracle (JDK).  Most OpenJDK file sizes are larger. ...

> My binary OpenJDK builds are not stripped. ...
> ... <large differences in DJ and Alex's sizes> ... <etc.>

I have a confession to make.  First, I apologize for not coming out from the
beginning (like many people nowadays).

I compiled IcedTea-Web with Xulrunner-2.0 (instead of 13.0.1 as clearly stated
in the instruction requirements).  That may have affected the resulting sizes
big time.  Oh well...  I just can't bring myself to upgrade Xulrunner beyond
that point (no matter what the consequences).  However, I _am_ at FF-12.0
(and eagerly waiting for the final 14.0 release - I'm obviously superstitios.)

Many thanks for the clear and detailed answers,
-- Alex