luxInteg wrote:
> Greetings
>
> regarding texlive2011 installation:-
>
> (A)
> this page
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/pst/texlive.html
>
> says:-
> Note
>   If you passed the option --enable-shared to the configure command, the two
> libraries, ibkpathsea.so, libptexenc.so and their symbolic links will also
> need to be copied to /usr/lib
>

> However it does not say how this is done ,  i.e the destination directory
> for libkpathsea.so and libptexenc.so

It says: "to /usr/lib".  What is unclear about that?

> (B)
> The latter link also mentioned   calling 'install-tl' with  the "-custom-bin
> path" switch
> which says:-
> {
> If you have built your own binaries for your system (probably because your
> platform was not supported by TeX Live out of the box), this option allows you
> to give the path to a directory where the binaries for the current system are
> present. The installation will continue as usual, but at the end all files
> from path are copied over to bin/custom in your installation folder and this
> directory will be added to the path for the post-install actions
> {
>
> Does this mean that we could do a normal make install  without the
> make DESTDIR=$PWD/livetex-tmp install  mentioned on former link?

I don't recommend mixing upstream install procedures and BLFS install
procedures.  They generally expect you to install pre-built binaries.
This was a very difficult package to develop for me, but it seems to
work as I don't recall anyone else commenting on it.  What exactly is
your question?

   -- Bruce