On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 03:59:47PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> Let's just take gudev for now.  It really looks like upstream made an
> error here.  In  src/gudev/gudevclient.c, they have
>
> #include "gudevclient.h"
> #include "gudevdevice.h"
> #include "gudevmarshal.h"
> #include "gudevprivate.h"
>
> but the header generates an error.

 I think it's only a warning, and your -D_GUDEV_COMPILATION ought to
fix it.  A quick paste from gudevclient.h -

 */

#if !defined (_GUDEV_COMPILATION) && !defined(_GUDEV_INSIDE_GUDEV_H)
#error "Only <gudev/gudev.h> can be included directly, this file may
disappear or change contents."
#endif

#ifndef __G_UDEV_CLIENT_H__
#define __G_UDEV_CLIENT_H__

> In src/gudev/gudevenums.h, they have #include <glib-object.h>
>
> I'm using a slightly older version of glib (2.32.2) and needed to add -I
> /usr/include/glib-2.0, so it looks like it's not picking up Cflags from
> glib-2.0.pc properly in our makefile-incl.gudev.

 You have

LIBGUDEV_CFLAGS =             \
   -I src/gudev               \
   -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS \
   -D_REENTRANT               \
   -D_GUDEV_COMPILATION       \
   -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GUdev\"   \
   -fvisibility=default       \
   -I /usr/include/glib-2.0   \
   -I /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include

LIBGUDEV_LDFLAGS =      \
   -L build -L /usr/lib \
   -ludev -lgobject-2.0 \
   -lglib-2.0

 which *appear* as if they will do the right thing (with glib in
/usr) - I don't see any attempt to use glib-2.0.pc.

> Now I run into a problem in that it's looking for glibconfig.h and I
> don't have that at all.  Will investigate.

 Try /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h : that will be why it's
in your LIBGUDEV_CFLAGS, no ?

> There's some other issues like hot having the build/ directory.  I'll
> investigate some more.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Thanks.

ĸen