John Burrell wrote:

>>> 2) Xorg - some files are stored under Xorg but other are under x.
>>> Some are in both. For e.g. Xorg-server-1.12.2 is under Xorg while
>>> Xorg-server-1.12.4 is under the letter x. 1.12.4 is the one in the
>>> book.
>>
>> The xorg part of the book was rewritten a while ago.  I can make changes
>> at the master.  All the mirrors would then be updated.  What
>> organization would you like?
>
> Well as you already have an Xorg dir, it would be nice if the
> versions  in the current book were all in Xorg. Then I could rely on getting
> the
correct sources from one location. Under Xorg you could create subdirs
for x7proto, x7lib, x7app, x7font and x7driver which contain the wget
lists and the md5 codes. Obviously not essential but may be a bit
cleaner that way.

> You could also clean out any Xorg stuff under the letter x, to keep
> it  tidy, but that's your choice not mine.

I'll see what I can do.

> Okay, so all current modules will be in perl-modules and python-modules.
> Would you update Glib-1.242 to 1.261 in the book sometime, please. :)

The book needs to be updated first.  I'll do that today.
ExtUtils::PkgConfig also needs to be updated to 1.13.

> And one last request - would you change the name of the webkitgtk patch
> please to conform to the description that you gave me.

That will require changing the book too.

   -- Bruce