On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> James Pinto wrote:
> > HI
> >
> > I tried to reinstall Caribou again but I have the following arror:-
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr \
> >>              --sysconfdir=/etc \
> >>              --libexecdir=/usr/lib/caribou \
> >>              --disable-gtk2-module \
> >>              --disable-static &&
> >> make
>
> > make[2]: Entering directory `/sources/caribou-0.4.2/data'
> > make[2]: Warning: File `caribou-autostart.desktop' has modification time
> > 16432 s in the future
> > ../tools/make_schema.py caribou.settings.CaribouSettings
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "../tools/make_schema.py", line 81, in <module>
> >      maker.create_schemas()
> >    File "../tools/make_schema.py", line 21, in create_schemas
> >      self._create_schema(self.settings, doc, schema)
> >    File "../tools/make_schema.py", line 66, in _create_schema
> >      self._create_schema(s, doc, schemalist)
> >    File "../tools/make_schema.py", line 66, in _create_schema
> >      self._create_schema(s, doc, schemalist)
> >    File "../tools/make_schema.py", line 61, in _create_schema
> >      getattr(setting.gvariant, "print")(False)),
> >    File "/sources/caribou-0.4.2/caribou/settings/setting_types.py", line
> > 111, in gvariant
> >      return GLib.Variant(self.variant_type, self.value)
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py", line
> 181,
> > in __new__
> >      (v, rest_format, _) = creator._create(format_string, [value])
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py", line
> 79, in
> > _create
> >      v = constructor(args[0])
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/types.py", line 68, in
> > constructor
> >      return info.invoke(cls, *args)
> > TypeError: cannot create 'Variant' instances
> > make[2]: *** [org.gnome.caribou.gschema.xml.in] Error 1
>
> We really don't need all that checking stuff.  Just show us the error
> and what you did as above.
>
> First, I'd look into the clock setting to make sure it is correct.  Then
> delete the untarred file tree and start over.  Also try to clean up any
> gdm files that may have been installed as specified in the gdm contents
> section of the book.
>
>    -- Bruce
> --

Hi

Ok tried the suggestions I uninstalled gdm reinstalled the caribou
dependencies, then reinstalled caribou and then booted into blfs but I get
the same oops error.

But this time however when I booted using runlevel 3 and ran startx Gnome
shell worked!

Now I just cant get the gdm greeter screen to login, only the gnome
wallpaper, I checked the gdm logs they've not been modified But I have
atttached the new xorg log file annd also the link to it incase the attach
doesnt work

http://pastebin.com/jXcAGYCj

Regards
--