On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 07:52:59AM -0800, brown wrap wrote:
> I will have to wait until I get home to post the exact message. I have all of
> the X packages compiled except for the X-org server.

 Please don't top post.

 If it is any help, there is a copy of the book from 2012-01-20
(both an html tarball and the individual pages, at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/

(I put it there before I started merging Wayne's gnome-3 work, which
is why it has gnome2 in the file/directory titles).

 Normally, I would recommend going with the current book. But xorg
is a bit large, and if you were close to finishing it then
completing the old version might save you some time.  If you do
that, please note a lot has changed in the current book : for xorg
we now use evdev.  You might (if building rhe old version) want to
check what is in the Xorg-7.7 Testing and Configuration page at the
end of chapter 24 in the current book.

 For any packages *after* xorg, the current book should be better -
the 'gnome2' version was only a snapshot for anyone building gnome2
while I updated the book to gnome-3.0.

ĸen