On 12/13/2012 01:22 PM, Thomas de Roo wrote:

> I just installed lxpanel 0.5.10 with:
> CLFAGS="-lgmodule-2.0" ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
>
> --with-plugins=netstatus,volume,volumealsa,cpu,deskno,batt,kbled,xkb,thermal,cpufreq,monitors

Heh.  I did the same, following a hint from Fernando and some rummaging
through the output of "./configure --help".  I had experienced some
trouble with the "netstat" plugin, and disable them all with "none".

So basically, in order to get things working, I...
        - used the earlier version of libwnck
        - put a CFLAGS in front of the ./configure invocation
        - omitted all of the plugins

Should I put the plugins back in, except for "netstat"?  I don't know
what they do for my lxpanel.

Thanks to everybody, especially you and Fernando.  While I was waiting,
I compiled all the other components -- none of them seemed to have any
dependencies -- and so now, with lxpanel solved, I have an operational LXDE.