> Do these errors actually affect your Xorg process?  I think I've seen
> them before, but IIRC they were only on the console where I did
> startx, but the gui was OK.
>
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-July/011317.html
>
> The error message is in xorg-libs, src/linux_sysfs.c, about line 592.
>
> The code says:
>
>     /* FIXME: Should we report an error in this case? */
>
> And only writes an error.  It continues from there.
>
>    -- Bruce

Thanks for your attention.

One of the errors seems to come from libpciaccess-1.10.9.  Can't say how
far the error might propagate, but I take memory management problems
(MTRR) seriously.

I'm still building.  All that's built for X so far is twm and fluxbox.
They do come up.  I can get the fluxbox menu, and start an xterm, issue
a few commands, but that's all I can say for now.

I don't like leaving error warnings.  If this isn't a known, patchable
problem, should I fall back to 7.4, or jump to 7.6?  All I'm building
for is a KISS desktop daily driver.  USB thumb drives are certainly
going to be the only hotplug devices, for example.  (It's being built on
a 1.4Ghz Tualatin Pentium III, with the big compiling jobs exported to a
2.4GHz Conroe Core II--it is nice to see things fly by as fast as the
screen can scroll!)
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm