On Tuesday 16 April 2013 19:57:24 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Whether to use ipv4 or ipv6 really depends on the ISP.  Generally an
> office only needs one address and then uses NAT (network address
> translation) internally.  NAT multiplexes a single address into many.
> Any office can use private IP addresses internally (192.168.x.x,
> 10.x.x.x, 172.16,x,x) and one ipv4 (or ipv6) externally.

the problem is  some useful applications such as IPsec and VoIP  do not like
NAT . Also one NAT-router behind another and NAT becomes problematic.
AND  one has to resort to all sorts  of convolutions such as stun-servers,
nat-traversal, port-forwarding etc  to attempt  to use these.

here is a far better ( than the one I posted previously ) utube video on ipv6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHZ7eX_f30