On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 18:41 -0300, Fernando wrote:
> Now, python 2.6 is not enough:
>
> Creating Python environment
> Python 2.7 or greater (but not Python 3) is required to build. You are
> running Python 2.6.
> *** Fix above errors and then restart with               "make -f
> client.mk build"
>
> I think Ken does not recommend upgrading python.
>
> Please, anyone knows how safe or how to upgrade to or install side by
> side python-2.7?

It can always be installed to another directory... /opt/python27 or
something. But I don't know of a good reason not to upgrade it - the
only catch is that modules are tied to a version, and so any modules
built against 2.6 would need to be re-installed. But then, you'd need to
do that with a parallel install anyway.

Simon.