Thomas de Roo wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2013, Niels Terp wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have set up my LFS as a NFS client, and accessing my NAS that
>> way.
If I manually mount (and unmont) the drive, everything works fine.

>> But then I wanted the drive to be mounted automatically during
>> boot,
which it has done before. But when I boot, it takes a very long time,
then I get: mount.nfs: Connection timed out. Which is not surprising,
because this happens BEFORE the network connection comes up, and BEFORE
rpcbind is available.

>> How can I change the "boot order" of things ?
>>
>> Here is a dump of my fstab:
>>
>> # Begin /etc/fstab
>>
>> # file system  mount-point  type     options             dump  fsck
>> #                                                              order
>>
>> /dev/sda1     /            ext4    defaults,acl,user_xattr            1     1
>> /dev/sda2     swap         swap     pri=1               0     0
>> proc           /proc        proc     nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
>> sysfs          /sys         sysfs    nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
>> devpts         /dev/pts     devpts   gid=5,mode=620      0     0
>> tmpfs          /run         tmpfs    defaults            0     0
>> devtmpfs       /dev         devtmpfs mode=0755,nosuid    0     0
>> 192.168.0.17:/volume1/Data      /mnt/DiskStation/Data   nfs rw,hard,intr  0 0
>>
>> # End /etc/fstab

> I use this line in fstab:
> heroix.lan:/home /home      nfs      _netdev,nfsvers=3,auto,defaults
>
> I think _netdev is relevant here.

Yes it is.  Also remove auto.  NFS mounts are brought up by the netfs
(priority 28) boot script after rpcbind (priority 22) and nfs_client
(priority 24).  See the nfs utilities page in blfs.

   -- Bruce