On 06/06/2013 05:48 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Trinh Van Thanh wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I built my own blfs. I want to add bootsplash to my OS, but I don't known
>> which package for doing. I choose Plymouth and can test when OS is running.
>> But I cannot add Plymouth to initrd for bootsplash. So any one did
>> bootsplash for blfs?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean be bootsplash, but it sounds like you want to
> add an image or a theme to grub.
>
> http://wiki.rosalab.ru/en/index.php/Grub2_theme_/_reference
>
>     -- Bruce

No, he wants Plymouth - a nice logo or animation during the bootup
(after grub) untill the display manager or getty starts. Think of
Windows boot process - the boot splash is actualy the windows logo and
the loading screen untill "Welcome Screen". Also, if you tried Ubuntu
recently (2-3 years) you could notice their logo on bootup - that's
bootsplash.