lux-integ wrote:
> On Monday 03 June 2013 22:38:46 Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I get the following error:
>> checking for Unicode support in PCRE... no
>> configure: error: *** The system-supplied PCRE does not support Unicode
>> properties or UTF-8.
>> It builds fine with pcre-8.32
>> This issue only arises on a clean build. If installing pcre-8.33 on top
>> of pcre-8.32, then building glib is fine. (unless libpcre.so.1.2.0 is
>> removed).
>> Has anyone else had this issue?
>>

> I had the same problem but I overcame perhaps  a ittle differently.  I passed
> these before I ran  the configure script
>
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

If /lib/pkgconfig exists, then something is installed incorrectly.
There should really only be /usr/lib/pkgconfig, and the lightly used
/usr/share/pkgconfig.   In some cases, depending on package install
options PKG_CONFIG_PATH may contain /opt/*/{lib,share}/pkgconfig or
/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig.

Of course it's your distro, but pkgconfig is only used during a build
procedure and the support libraries for linking at build time should not
be in /lib.

   -- Bruce