When I close an XFCE session the errors shown in the picture are displayed.
I took a picture because I couldn't find them in a log file. The longer the
session, the more errors. This is a link to the picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydmjnfdoibypu5e/LFS_errors.JPG

Also xterm isn't working right. When launched, it flashes on the screen for
maybe 1/10 second, then gone. The weird thing is that it has started
successfully twice, out of maybe 25 tries over multiple boots.

Any help is appreciated; let me know what additional information I can
supply.

Dave