On Thursday 08 August 2013 12:00:22 Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Yes, I have used both. Ken prefers the kernel's one. I am using libusb,
> because it is needed for lsusb (usbutils-007) and SANE backend
> (SANE-1.0.23) - my printer/scanner is a multifunctional Epson

firstly  I am a bit rusty on sane and I use multifunctions Epson's  too
Does sane require libusb and only libusb?

So far I either
A)---put --disable-libusb  in cups compilation  and enable the usb-printer in
the kernel   OR
B)---leave the usb-printer option unspecified in kernel config and do ----
enable-libusb in cups compilation

so for multifunction printer/scanners et al is which is the recomnded  A or B
?