On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 09:47:07PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 03-11-2013 21:13, Dan McGhee escreveu:
>
> There is one thing I am trying to understand. Forgive-me if I am missing
> something.
>
> Is it so different with wifi?
>
> In my case there is no wifi. But in chroot I can use the network as is
> set by the host, no need to try setting up the network in chroot:

 Indeed.  I don't know if Dan has already installed wget in chroot,
which is partly why I suggested downloading on the host.  The other
part of 'partly' is that my own /sources is an nfs mount [ download
once, build on one or more of my machines ].

 What Dan seems to want to do differently is to *configure* the wifi
in chroot.

 With wired ethernet, we have bootscripts which work.  With wifi,
people will have to work out how to set this up.  Distros mostly use
NetworkManager - my only use of wifi on a pc is my netbook, which
uses NM [ and what a pain it is - it decided the passphrase for my
router had changed, now I have to type it in every time it wakes up].

ĸen