On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 10:36:56AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 16-11-2013 08:51, Alan Feuerbacher escreveu:
>
> > *===========*===========*===========*===========*===========*
> > babl-0.1.10 installed without a hitch, but put all of its libraries
> > and such in "babl-0.1" rather than in "babl". Gimp complained about
> > that so I had to make a link:
> >
> > ln -sv /usr/include/babl-0.1/babl /usr/include/babl
> > *===========*===========*===========*===========*===========*
>
> I have just installed it without problem. Perhaps, if you can install
> gegl without modifications, and remove the links you added that are not
> in the book would solve it. I would try fixing gegl's build and install,
> first.

 Yeah, as Bruce has said : pkgconfig should sort everything out.
Take a look at /usr/include/pkgconfig/babl.pc.  Mine says, in full -

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: babl
Version: 0.1.10
Cflags: -I${includedir}/babl-0.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lbabl-0.1 -lm

 : note the Cflags.

> Anyway, ĸen knows much more about gelgl, babl and gimp.

 I'm still running 2.8.6 - I didn't see any "must have" features (or
vulnerability fixes) in 2.8.8 so upgrading isn't an urgent task for
me.

 And I normally give it few of the optional deps, and then only
because they are already installed [ I build the gimp along with
printing and image-manipulation tools, after firefox is installed ].

 I think it was Fernando who had a problem with gegl getting broken
by vala with previous versions!  If I _have_to_ build vala for
anything, I do it a long while after I've built the gimp.  So far,
I haven't noticeably lacked anything by not installing lua or ruby in
my normal desktop builds.

ĸen