On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 08:38:12PM +0100, Alexey Orishko wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >  I now wonder if you are using a non-unicode console font ?
>
> I've built LFS using ALFS scripts and didn't change anything regarding
> fonts... should I?
> I'll check the rest tomorrow.
>
> /alexey

 No idea - I use my own scripts (/sources is an nfs mount for all my
machines and I do not want to work in it), but in general configuring
the linux console is user-specific.

 Any console font which is ".psfu" (instead of ".psf") _ought_ to
understand enough unicode to understand _where_ the characters begin
and end.  No font can display everything (there are too few
_available_ codepoints) and some representations are subjectively
ugly or easy to confuse).

 Also, one font _size_ doesn't suit everyone - of my own[¹] fonts, I
still use the 8x16 on one machine but otherwise I use 12x22, even on
the netbook because its pixels are tiny :-)

[¹] LatGrkCyr - the two sizes look very different from each other.

ĸen