>  Good luck -  I guess that compiling a kernel on an atom will be
> slow.
>
> ?en
> --
> das eine Mal als Trag?die, dieses Mal als Farce

The atom has come a long way since its inauguration; the latest Silverton
range featuring the Avoton processors boast up to an eight core model with
a 2.6 GHz clock speed per core and a 64 bit instruction set.  The L3 cache
is up to 4 MB.  My own humble N2800 atom is 64bit dual core with a 1.86 GHz
clock speed and a 1 MB cache.  It completes a build of a fairly large
static kernel image in ~ 45 mins.  Not fast, I'm sure, compared with a
powerful processor but acceptable nonetheless.

Richard