On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 20:53 +0000, Matt Burgess wrote:
> My *deity*! It's bad enough that some config files are written in XML,
> but JavaScript for config files, really?

Not so much a config file, as a script. I don't know PolicyKit APIs, but
it's basically defining a custom security rule... a callback function
for checking whether permissions should be granted.

I'm kind of mixed on this stuff - on one hand, it means you have the
power of a full programming language for expressing the desired
behaviour, which can be useful. On the other hand, it's something that
needs some programming experience to understand, and can't really be
validated short of running it.

Simon.