On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:51:42AM +0000, eddie james wrote:
> The instructions are a tad ambiguous to a soft mind such as my own. After
> google for 3 hours, I looked into the exploded libxml2 directory and saw
> files related to python. I then did ./configure --help and noticed the
> --with-python option.. The odd thing is I don't believe I passed that option
> to ./configure when I built this for blfs. Mesa compiled with out a hiccup
> and X worked. I'm currently installing X11 in a chrooted environment using
> slackware 14.0 as a host, and installing to a gentoo installation. to make a
> long story even longer... I think the instructions to build Mesa should be
> written with "dim" people in mind

 Why ?  What is/was your problem ?

 I've _never_ passed that option, but libxml2 appears to build all
the included python 'stuff' without it : provided recent python2 is
present.

 Everybody who reads configure scripts, particularly their included
help, needs to be aware that they often lie or at least mislead!

 Actually, googling for 3 hours will make anyone's mind soft.  Too
many outdated postings and false positives.  Exploding libxml2 seems
a bit drastic, but your system, your rules, your explosives. ;-)

ĸen