Niels Terp wrote:
> I thought that was exactly what wpa_supplicant was for ? I
> don't want to connect through both interfaces at the same time - it is
> absolutely OK for me if I could just connect through the wireless network,
> and even not have my eth0 connected.

wpa_supplicant is there to allow your wifi interface to associate with a
wifi access point in negociating the required authentification elements,
nothing more.Once the association is successful dhclient asks the access
point to provide an IP adress to the wifi interface.

To test wlan interface, as root, ifdown eth0, ifdown wlan0, remove the
cable, ifup wlan0.

Pierre