On 02/16/2014 01:55 AM, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably not the right list to report this, I realize that.
> According
> to http://osdir.com/ml/plasma-devel/2014-01/msg00208.html and
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kde-workspace.git&a=commit&h=8577abf894a661bc0700adc72513dacf0b7dca7f,
> KDM is being retired. This is the only Display Manager that I know of
> that BLFS Supports that I can use multiple desktop environments with. Is
> there any way that SDDM or LightDM could be added to the book, or
> possibly another replacement? I use KDM on my BLFS box and when I update
> to KDE5, I expect that it will no longer work and that future builds of
> BLFS will not contain it. What display manager does the list recommend I
> use? I do not like logging in from the command line, and it is very hard
> to teach family members who use my computer occasionally how to do so.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Douglas Reno

See

http://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org/msg18911.html

for instructions on how to build LightDM. Use Lightdm-GTK-Greeter (1.8.1
is the latest), configure it with --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc. I
have no initscript for non-systemd systems though, but you just might
modify kdm setup instructions and replace kdm with lightdm.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.