On 03/05/2014 03:25 AM, m...@pc-networking-services.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On the VLC page, under Optional mux/demux plugins there is a dependancy
> for libebml.  If you download the source code from the provided link it
> does not compile.  You need to get it from the git hub:
>
> https://github.com/Matroska-Org/libebml.git

Latest stable version of libebml and libmatroska compiled fine for me.

I got the tarballs from the matroska.org.

You need however to run make differently than ussual, something like

make -C make/linux and make -C make/linux install

to build and install correctly.

> Also it may well pay to take a look at the sid-play libs as I have not
> been able to find a version that will successfully compile.
>
> This may well save some others a few headaches if they are wanting to
> install either of these libraries.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher

If everything else fails, Debian and Gentoo are your friends.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.