Le 29/03/2014 12:53, Pierre Lorenzon a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> php : 5.5.10 in svn version of the blfs book.
>
> I wonder why i get this error since gdbm or things like that
> are said to be optional dependencies in the book and not
> mandatory. A --disable-dba seems to have no effect when
> configuring.
>

> So are these databases supports in fact mandatory in which case
> the blfs book should be modified at this point or is there a
> way to avoid this error even if dbm like things are not
> installed ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pierre

gdbm is installed in LFS, so we do not mention it in the dependencies. Of
course, at least one database manager must be present with the current
instructions.

If you want to disable totally database support, I think there are switches
for doing that. Try "configure --help | less" and look for "dba". I guess you
should find that. Of course, you have to remove --with-gdbm.

If you try the current svn version of the book, it is possible that the new
blfs-bootscripts version has not been packaged yet. You can find it
(unpackaged) at:
svn co svn//www.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/trunk/bootscripts

Regards
Pierre