Gordon Findlay wrote:
> I'm building from BLFS-svn and had an issue with fcron dependencies.
> Iwas using none of them, since all are listed as optional and I only want
> a simple cron facility.
>

> The configure command is
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
>      --localstatedir=/var --without-sendmail --with-boot-install=no \
>      --with-dsssl-dir=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.79
>
> But the DSSSL style-sheets are installed by docbook-dsssl, as a prerequisite
> of docbook-utils
>
> So at least docbook-dsssl is a required dependency?
Just omit the dsssl option.  You get a warning:

/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/html/docbook.dsl does
not exist. You will probably not be able to generate the documentation
from the DocBook source files.

   -- Bruce

Bruce,
the Command explanation suggests to add the directive ‘—with-dsssl-dir’ when
docbooks is not installed to avoid a warning.  But it actually makes things
worse, because you get an error instead of a warning when you do so:

pol@iMac400:/sources/fcron-3.1.2$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
>     --localstatedir=/var --without-sendmail --with-boot-install=no \
>     --with-dsssl-dir=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.79
(…)
checking Looking for dsssl stylsheets... configure: error:
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.79/html/docbook.dsl does not exist.

So, the correct explananation should look like:
- don’t use the directive if your system doesn’t have docbooks (the warning is
harmless);
- use the directive if your system has docbooks, but fcron configurator cannot
find it.

It is maybe possible to avoid the error by just creating the path to dsssl-dir,
as specified by the directive, but I didn’t test this.

pvg