Hi,

Error message is in the subject. It occurs when trying to start
bash under emacs with the command M-x shell <ret>. No job
control in the shell then and that is absolutely not convenient
!

It does not seem to be an emacs bug, that's why I do not yet
posted on any emacs list.

In fact it occurs under clfs 2.1.0 but not under lfs 6.6. In
both cases emacs is 24.3.1.

Moreover it does not occur when emacs user is root even under
clfs 2.1.0. That's why I suspect that some permission somewhere
is not correctly set but I could not yet determine which one.

I'll continue to investigate but if one of you does have an
idea please tell me !

Regards

Pierre