On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 09:16:00PM +0200, Armin K. wrote:
> On 08/07/2014 09:08 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Arthur Radley wrote:
> >>  Do
> >> these two scripts need to be fixed or ditched, or do I need to look
> >> harder
> >> for what uses them?
> >
> > They need to be removed.  We don't support ppoe or ipx any more.  Thanks
> > for pointing that out.
> >
> >   -- Bruce
> >

> While you are at it, you can nuke systemd units from bootscripts/ directory.

 If we are changing the bootscripts, I'd like to update the services
file for dhclient - with the shiny bells and whistles (well, green
asterisks as things are stopped), it prints the "\n Stopping dhclient
on the $1 interface..." message, but then overwrites the start of
that with '  *  ' in green (not sure if I have positioned the
asterisk correctly) which reduces the message to 'ping dhclient'
etc.

 Usually, I only think about this when I am powering off, but since
I had a planned reboot to recover from a backup I tried changing
that line to
      log_info_msg "\n     Stopping dhclient on the $1 interface..."

 That works fine for me, with colours enabled, but I don't know if
it will still line up for people who disable colours.

ĸen