> Normally yes, but there is no reason a regular user can't look at
> them. The only restrictions should be for install/remove in the system
> locations.

Does a user need world-executable access these scripts to look?

"First create a script to reformat a certificate into a form needed
by openssl."

"The following script creates the certificates and a bundle of all the
certificates. It creates a ./certs directory and ./BLFS-ca-bundle-
${VERSION}.crt."

"Add a short script to remove expired certificates from a directory."

It doesn't sound like it to me?  It appears a user might make her/his
own certificate bundle with the second script, but are those like
private key-rings?  I'm under the impression from Wikipedia that there
are only a handful of trustworthy authorities, the one we're installing
certificates of.  If I let a user install a bogus certificate from an
untrustworthy "authority", am I not inviting attacks on the system?  So
I ask again, is there something I lose if I put them in /usr/sbin and
only owner/root executable?
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm