On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 21:05 -0800, Paul Rogers wrote:
> Are you telling me that all I have to do is build regular LFS-7.7 on
> CentOS and I'll get an x86-64 version automagically?

Well, yeah... unless you do something special (like CLFS), your LFS
build will be the same architecture as the host. If you're using an x86
host compiler to start, you'll finish with an x86 system - and if you
start with x86_64, that's what you'll finish with too.

Really, there's nothing to worry about unless you're stuck with 32-bit
binaries for some reason (e.g Skype). X86_64 support isn't exactly
something new - it's been the standard platform for distros for years
(to the point where some of them are now dropping 32-bit x86 support),
and has been pretty normal on LFS for about as long...

Simon.