Hi

I'm resurrecting this thread because this is the 4th time of building
Plasma(nothing unusual), but this time it is into a brand new 7.9 systemd box.
 The new LFS is running fine using the nouveau driver and boots into Xorg.
But once again, after installing all dependencies for Frameworks and Plasma
5.6.2, it will not boot.  I can't tell you the frustration involved here.  An
error log is attached.

I'm not using any login manager. This error log is from the the command line
after 'startx' and I'm getting a message saying

"All shell packages missing. This is an installation issue, please contact your
distribution"

If I boot into twm I can run konsole from an xterm window which seems okay.  If
I then run plasmashell from xterm I get similar errors refering to "All shell
packages missing".

How is this whole thing possible?  KDE4 seemed so easy.  Any ideas here, I've
trawled the internet with no real success.

thanks

Cliff