On 4/3/20 6:05 PM, Scott Andrews via blfs-support wrote:

It really isn't difficult to build LFS on an ARM platform.

I don't know why LFS is so adverse to adding it as a platform, being all the schools and instuitions that use the Raspberry pi as a learning platform.

We are adverse because it is time consuming. When preparing for a release it takes two weeks full time. Adding another architecture would take another two weeks.

There are, on average, 3 to 4 new packages to download and test every day of the week. Weekends included.

Maintaining LFS/BLFS requires dedicated effort. In some cases a new user says "I can to <task>", but that typically happens once. The problem is not doing a task once, it is the long term maintenance.

  -- Bruce