On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 7:25 PM James Read <jamesread5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished with the LFS book and  have booted into a working
> system. Now I would like to use the image I created in the LFS book to make
> a bootable live USB. Has anyone out there done this? Or know what to do?
>
> I was thinking of trying the instructions at
> https://itnext.io/how-to-create-a-custom-ubuntu-live-from-scratch-dd3b3f213f81

The strangest thing happened. I followed the instructions at the link above
to make a live USB with the LFS image I had created on my machine. Then I
booted from the live USB on a different machine (a lenovo laptop). I was
presented with the GRUB command line. After some playing around I was able
to find the linux image and boot it. My LFS screen came up and the boot
output as usual came up so I thought "success". Then the screen went blank
and I was presented with my GUI Ubuntu login screen from the system
installed on the laptop's hard drive. How is this even possible?

James Read